Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The Yield Improvement Engineer/Leader will lead and oversee all the projects related to product and process yield improvements; optimize wafer level; auto-test yield and it correlation to in-line defect and PCM electrical monitoring.
- Take overall responsibility for improving yield across the entire fab
- Drive yield improvement activities to ensure continuous improvement in the front end and back end processes.
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians to plan, schedule and execute all yield improvement activities
- Perform yield correlations to in-line defectivity, tool parameters, parametric test, visual inspections, and product performance.
- Lead root cause investigations, failure analysis, and defect identification activities.
- Lead decisions and performance tracking of fab and assembly process changes.
- Track and report on manufacturing yields and address out of control events.
- Work with Product Development, Manufacturing, and R&D in relation to process, test, and design improvement activities.
- Minimum BS or equivalent in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or other related degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in yield improvement in semiconductor manufacturing, and/or product engineering.
- Hands on experience in statistical yield analysis, DOE, and physical failure analysis.
- Good people skills