eMagin, a leader in OLED microdisplays and virtual imaging technologies has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager in the East Fishkill, NY manufacturing facility. eMagin integrates high-resolution OLED microdisplays, magnifying optics, and systems technologies to create a virtual image that appears comparable to that of a computer monitor or a large-screen television.
Responsibilities and Duties – The Program Manager will be overseeing execution of development and production projects working with our Consumer Segment partners.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using best practice methodologies to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver with-in budget on desired outcomes.
- Accountable for the results of the project. The driver that holds the project together and works closely with the Customer ,eMagin Engineers and Production to schedule Fab requirements.
- Work with Finance group to provide support for billing, project milestones, cost to complete estimates and revenue accounting.
- Prepare project summaries and dashboards to communicate status at management and customer meetings
- Responsible for analyzing contracts, and defining the project scope and objectives to ensure project members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another.
- Prepares, maintains and submits clear & concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports.
- Applies proactive approach in routinely tracking the project members’ progress against their project commitments.
- Have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- Adapt their approach to the context and constraints of each project, knowing that no “one size” can fit all the variety of projects.
- Improve their own and their teams’ skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Have the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming.
- Ability to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed
- Manage project scope by assessing requirement changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them. Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 5-10 years of project management experience, preferably from a semi-conductor operation. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams, including client, internal and suppliers
- Technical knowledge about display technology desirable
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, and metrics creation, .
- Proficient in MS Office applications, EXCEL, MS Project, Powerpoint, VISIO, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- PMP certification a plus
- Ability to shift readily between the “big picture” and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
eMagin provides excellent benefits and competitive compensation including bonus program and relocation assistance.
eMagin is an equal opportunity employer Male/Female/Disabilities/Veterans
Job Type: Full-time
management: 10 years