Responsible for the test and characterization of new or existing microdisplay products, from initial prototype through production release
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for the verification and characterization of microdisplay products using the integrated circuits that form an integral part of eMagin’s microdisplay products, from inception throughout production. A keen understanding of how semiconductors work, coupled with the ability to work across different technologies is essential. Experience with displays is required.
- Develop and refine product compliance matrices
- Develop test and characterization plan for initial validation, engineering samples release and production qualification
- Execute/coordinate performance of validation and characterization tests
- Analyze and document product behavior, yield, and report on conclusions and required actions related to performance improvement
- Define and setup measurement equipment
- Define and coordinate test equipment automation requirements and development for prototype and production testing
- Follow product evolutions throughout its lifecycle
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – Must have excellent communication skills. Writes clearly and informatively; ability to present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information. Ability to communicate changes effectively.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while developing and implementing cost saving measures;
- Candidate will support organization’s goals and values and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Take responsibility for own actions;
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality. Completes work in timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree (BSEE) from four-year college or university; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with product characterization for commercial, industrial and military markets. Experience with statistical analysis and failure analysis. Experience with product design flows both for hardware and embedded software. Experience with product qualification testing and production testing. Experience with display or microdisplay product design. Experience with manufacturing product test and yield analysis.